Monday, January 30, 2012

One of God's Greatest Blessings


I just happened to look over at our bookcase, which is overflowing now, and realized how incredibly blessed we are! Thank God for books.

Here's something someone told me that I will never forget that never ceases to amaze and convict me. Food for thought.......

"Do you realize that the great men of the reformation, (Calvin, Luther, Knox, Zwingli) never had a library that could even come close to matching ours?"

Even my little library that pails in comparison with some of my friends. What excuse do we have? I would suggest none dear friends.

2 comments:

  1. Sobering. And so, so true. May God help us to be diligent stewards of our time so that we are mighty warriors, well equipped to fight our generation's battles under the banner of His Name.

    Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc1WmNgtZL4

    What are we going to do, Brittney, Ben? This is scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary what man wants to do when he rejects God's authority. It's just another area where they are trying to claim sovereignty.

      What I'm going to do about it is raise my son to be a man who can combat this kind of mindset.

      And practically what I'm doing:

      All Alabamians who read this,
      Here is the link to the contact info for your representative in your district: http://www.house.gov/representatives/

      And here are the phone numbers to our senators:
      Jeff Sessions: 202-224-4124
      Richard Shelby: 202-224-5744

      Join me in calling them and asking what their position is on Obama's proposal to require all students to stay in school until they are 18 years old or graduate.

      If they agree with him then I will let them know that they will lose one household's worth of votes and that I will be using whatever influence I have put someone else in their place who will stand up for justice and our Biblical rights.

      No king but KING JESUS!

      Delete